Are you interested in a critique from the TEXAS SWEETHEARTS?
It's a tough market out there. Why not increase your odds of finding an agent and getting published?
The TEXAS SWEETHEARTS are now offering critiques at the following rates:
- Query Letter — $30
- Follow-up Query Letter — $15
- One page synopsis — $30 ($10 per additional page)
- 10 pages of a novel-length manuscript — $40 ($3.50 per additional page)
- Follow-up 10 pages of a novel-length manuscript — $25 ($2.25 per additional page)
- Query, one page synopsis, and 10 novel-length manuscript pages — $75 (save $25)
- Picture Book manuscript 1000 words and under — $75
- Follow-up Picture Book manuscript 1000 words and under — $40
For other rates, please contact us for more information.
"I have a new agent! I can't believe it, and your editing of my saggy-sadsack letter was instrumental in making this happen, and I'm very grateful.
Thanks so much. I just found out today. Thank you, thank you!" -- name withheld for privacy
"...with your comments I'm going to be able to shape it [my manuscript] up and send it out with confidence!" -- Meredith Davis
"I can honestly say that I got all three of the Texas Sweethearts to critique the first part of my novel and it has helped me
immensely" -- Jim McCleery
"I was so impressed with the thorough and thoughtful review performed on my manuscript.
The outline provided, along with the detailed comments, are spot on and extremely helpful. Finally, I understand what I need to do (and not do).
I would wholeheartedly recommend your service to anyone in need of guidance with their literary work." -- Debbie Smithey
"I'd like to thank The Texas Sweethearts for the critiques that I recently received.
The time that was invested in my manuscript was evident by the depth of insight that they provided me.
They were fun to work with, and I truly appreciate the quality of their suggestions." -- Mike Dyson, author of What Do Dogs Dream About?
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The TEXAS SWEETHEARTS strive to be honest in critiques above all else.
We believe within each manuscript there is a treasure chest,
and we are committed to doing what we can to help find the key to unlock the treasure inside.
SOME GENERAL SPECIFICS
- All payments will be conducted through Paypal.
- Payments must be received in full up front.
- Critique turn-around time will be given up front.
- All pages must be formatted per industry standard (1 inch margins, double spaced, 12 pt. font).
- You may request a particular Sweetheart, but depending on time and other committments, your choice may not be available.
- Currently only Jessica Lee Anderson and Jeanette Larson will be doing critiques.
- The TEXAS SWEETHEARTS are currently not critiquing poetry.
Jessica Lee Anderson is the author of
Trudy (winner of the 2005 Milkweed Prize for Children’s Literature), Border Crossing (Quick Picks Nomination, Cynsational Book of 2009),
as well as the forthcoming young adult novel, Calli (2011). She’s published two nonfiction readers, as well as fiction and
nonfiction for a variety of magazines including Highlights for Children. She graduated from Hollins University with a
Master of Arts in Children's Literature, and has extensive critique experience as an instructor at the Institute of Children's Literature.
Jeanette Larson is the author of Hummingbirds: Facts and Folklore from the Americas
and she compiled and edited entries for Quilt of States: Piecing Together America by Adrienne Yorinks. She is also the author of a number of books for
librarians and is a frequent contributor to BookLinks and other publications about children's literature. Jeanette has served on many book award committees,
including the Newbery Award and the Texas Bluebonnet Award. She has extensive experience reviewing and critiquing finished and unfinished books and working
with published and pre-published authors.